BLACK DECKER CM1110 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Congratulations on your purchase of the Black+Decker™ 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker. We have developed this guide to ensure optimum product performance and your complete satisfaction. Keep these use and care instructions and be sure to register your device online atwww.prodprotect.com/blackanddecker.
RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK. DO NOT OPEN.
The lightning symbol indicates "dangerous voltage"; the exclamation point indicates maintenance instructions. See below.
1IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
2GET TO KNOW YOUR COFFEE MAKER
4PROGRAMMING YOUR COFFEE MAKER
4.1 Setting the digital clock
7KEEP WARM FUNCTION
8 BREW LATER FUNCTION
9CARE AND CLEANING
10SISTEMA AUTO CLEAN™
12 Warranty information
13Frequently Asked Questions
IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against the risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, do not immerse cord, plug, or appliance in water or any other liquid.
- Close supervision is required when any device is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when device or screen clock is not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning the device.
- Do not operate any device with a damaged cord or plug, or after the device malfunctions or has been damaged in any way. Contact Customer Service at the number provided in this manual.
- The use of accessories not recommended by the device manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or personal injury.
- Do not use it outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surface.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric stove, or in a hot oven.
- To disconnect, turn off the device by pressing the POWER button (), make sure the POWER button () goes off, then remove the plug from the socket.
- Do not misuse this device.
- Leave the lid on the carafe during use.
- You may burn yourself if the lid is removed during the brewing process.
- The pitcher is designed for use with this device. It should never be used on a cooktop.
- Do not place a hot pot on a wet or cold surface.
- Do not use a broken carafe or a carafe with a loose or weak handle.
- Do not clean the carafe with detergents, steel wool pads or other abrasive materials.
- This device is not intended for use by persons (including children) with restricted physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety or have received instructions regarding use Of the device.
- Children must be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the device.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit completely into the outlet, turn it over. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not try to modify the connector in any way.
Tamper Evident Screw
Warning:This device is equipped with a tamper-evident screw to prevent removal of the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not attempt to remove the outer cover. There are no user serviceable parts inside. Repairs should only be carried out by authorized service personnel.
- A short power-supply cord is included to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Extension cords may be used if care is taken in their use.
- If an extension cord is used:
a)The marked electrical rating of the extension cord must be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
b)If the appliance is grounded, the extension cord must be a grounded 3-wire cord.
C)The cord should be routed so that it does not hang over the counter or table where children can pull on it or trip over it.
Use:If the power cord is damaged, contact the warranty department listed in this guide.
KNOW YOUR COFFEE MAKER
- Vortex™ Showerhead
- Trash Can (For You-No. CM1110-01)
- Sneak-A-Cup™ Auto Pause Feature
- Carafe with lid (part number CM1110-02)
- Water reserve
- water level marks
- Non-stick jug plate to keep warm
The product may vary slightly from the image.
- Remove all packing materials, stickers, and plastic tape from around the power plug.
- Andwww.prodprotect.com/blackanddeckerto register your product.
- Wash removable parts as described in CARE AND CLEANING.
- Clean the inside of your coffeemaker by running two complete brew cycles with just water and no coffee.
a.Pour fresh, cold water into the water reservoir up to the 12-cup MAX mark, then place the carafe on the carafe stand.
b.Plug the cord into a regular electrical outlet.
C.Press the on/off button () to instantly brew water through the brewer without adding coffee.
d.When the cycle is complete, discard the water.
mi.Turn off the device, unplug the power cord, and let it cool down for 15 minutes before trying again.
PROGRAMMING YOUR COFFEE MAKER
Digital Clock Setting
- Plug the coffee maker into a regular electrical outlet.
- The digits and colon “:” on the digital clock display will flash “12:00”.
- Press the HOUR and MIN buttons until the correct hour appears on the display. The colon ":" continues to flash even after the time has been set. (A)
- When it is past noon, the LED light on the display next to PM will illuminate to let you know it is PM time. If the evening light is off, it is the morning time.
- To change the set time, press HOUR or MIN once to enter time setting mode. Then follow the steps above.
Use:If the device is unplugged or the power is interrupted, even temporarily, it may be necessary to reset the time.
- Open deck.
- Fill the water tank with the desired amount of water. Line 12 on the side of the container represents a full pot. Do not fill beyond that 12 cup line.
Use:Use spring water or filtered water. Distilled water lacks the minerals.
necessary to bind coffee elements.
Use:Filtered water limits impurities and excess minerals that can affect the taste of the coffee and the performance of the machine.
- Insert a basket filter into the brew basket.
- Add the desired amount of ground coffee. Close the cover and make sure it clicks into place.
- Make sure the carafe lid is on the empty carafe correctly. Close the jar lid.
Use:The coffee can overflow if the carafe lid is not on correctly.
- Place the empty carafe on the carafe rack.
- If you haven't already done so, plug the power cord into a power outlet.
- If you want an even brew, your coffee maker is set to brew coffee.
- If you want a strong coffee, press the STRONG button once to select the strong brew. The LED light on the display next to STRONG turns on. To turn the STRONG mode off, press the STRONG button again and the LED light will turn off.
Use:We recommend using the STRONG setting to ensure the best flavor when brewing 4 cups of coffee or less.
- Press ON/OFF () and the brewing process begins. That (The button ) lights up during preparation.
- Once the coffee grounds have cooled, carefully open the lid and discard the used coffee grounds. To close the lid.
- The coffee machine keeps the brewed coffee hot for 2 hours and then turns off automatically.
To turn the coffeemaker off at any time, press the ON/OFF button (). The on/off () The light turns off.
Remove the pot and the brewing process will stop. The carafe must be placed back on the carafe rack within 30 seconds to prevent overflow. Brewing begins again.
KEEP WARM FUNCTION
The hot plate remains in "keep warm" mode for 2 hours (120 minutes) after the brewing process.
- During this time, the ON/OFF () stays on.
- After 2 hours, the heater will turn off and turn on/off () The light turns off.
To turn the coffeemaker off at any time, press the ON/OFF button ().
PREPARE LATER FUNCTION
If the BREW LATER function has not been previously set:
- Press the BREW LATER button.
- The LED light on the display next to BREW LATER comes on and blinks once every second.
- The clock will display the last BREW LATE time that was programmed (if no time has been programmed or the unit has been unplugged, the BREW LATE time will default to 00:00).
- Use the HOUR and MIN buttons to set the BREW LATER time (while BREW LATER is flashing on the display).
- Press the BREW LATER button again to set the BREW LATER time. Or the coffee maker will automatically set after 4 seconds if no button is pressed.
- The machine will start brewing at the LATE BREW time.
If the BREW LATER function is already set:
- Press the BREW LATER button to check the BREW LATER time. The clock will flash once per second and display the late brew time for 4 seconds. At this point, you can reset the BREW LATER setting if necessary.
- To cancel the BREW LATER function; Press and hold the BREW LATER button for 3 seconds.
- Four seconds after you release the buttons, the watch returns to the current time.
Use:Even if BREW LATER is disabled, the BREW LATER time will still be saved unless the appliance is unplugged.
CARE AND CLEANING
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Leave servicing to qualified service personnel.
- Make sure the device is unplugged and has cooled down.
- Wash removable parts in the top rack of the dishwasher or by hand in hot soapy water.
- Clean the exterior of the appliance, the control panel and the base of the jug with a soft, damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads. Never immerse the coffee maker in water.
- To clean the inside of the lid, open the lid and leave it in the open position. Clean surfaces with a damp cloth.
AUTO CLEAN™ SYSTEM
Descaling with Auto Clean™
Limescale or 'scale' can build up in your coffee maker over time. Scale is not toxic, but if left unattended, it will impede the performance of the coffee maker and lead to premature failure. Regular descaling of your coffee maker will help maintain the quality of the coffee, as well as the life of the heating element and other internal parts that come into contact with water during the brewing process.
To make the descaling process as easy as possible, an Auto Clean™ system has been programmed into your coffee maker.
When should I use the Auto Clean™ feature?
You should clean your coffee maker after every 60 brews (about 2 months). After 60 brews, the clean warning activates and is displayed at the beginning of each brew cycle. "CLEAN" scrolls across the display three times to remind you to clean the coffee maker.
If you want to clean your coffee maker before the 60 brew cycles due to hard water, you can.
How do I use the Auto Clean™ feature?
Follow the easy steps below. Your coffee maker will do the rest.
- Combine 6 cups of white vinegar and 4 cups of cold water in the pitcher.
- Pour into the container of water.
- Make sure the carafe lid is on and place the empty carafe on the carafe rack.
- Press and hold the power button for 4 seconds
- Power button LED is solid (not blinking)
- “CLEAN” will scroll continuously across the display and the self-cleaning cycle will begin.
During the Auto-Clean™ cycle feature:
- The machine will prepare approximately 5 cups of cleaning solution.
- Part of the mixture is filtered. The remaining mixture is kept in the coffee maker for 30 minutes before the brewing process is complete.
- The machine will continue to make the remaining cleaning solution.
Use:The complete cleaning cycle takes between 45 and 60 minutes.
- When the coffee machine has completed the AUTO CLEAN cycle, it will turn off automatically.
- Brew fresh water through the machine and follow the GETTING STARTED instructions before re-brewing coffee.
|The coffee maker does not turn on.||The coffee maker is not connected.||Make sure the device is plugged into a working electrical outlet.|
|The coffee machine is leaking.||The water tank may be overfilled.||Make sure the water reservoir has not filled beyond the 12-cup mark.|
|The lid may not be on the carafe correctly.||Make sure the lid is on properly and tight on the carafe.|
|The carafe may not be sitting correctly on the carafe rack.||Make sure the carafe sits securely on the carafe rack.|
|The filter basket overflows.||The pot was removed for more than 30 seconds when using the Sneak-A-Cup™ feature.||Be sure to reinsert the jar within 30 seconds during the brewing process.|
|Too much coffee is used.||Reduce the amount of coffee used.|
|Prepare with softened water.||Always prepare with cold, filtered water.|
|Coffee sediment in a cup of brewed coffee.||Filter and/or brew basket not inserted correctly.||Insert the filter and basket correctly.|
|The coffee grounds are small enough to pass through the permanent filter.||While it is normal to see some coffee sediment when using a permanent filter, a coarser grind can reduce the amount of sediment.|
|The coffee machine brews slowly.||The coffee pot needs to be cleaned.||Follow the instructions in the Auto Clean™ features section. A heavily calcified coffee maker may require more than one cleaning cycle.|
|The coffee maker does not dispense all the water from the tank.||The coffee pot needs to be cleaned.||Follow the instructions in the Auto Clean™ features section. More than one cleaning cycle may be required.|
If you need additional assistance, please contact our customer service team at1-800-465-6070.
For service, repair, or questions about your device, call our customer service hotline at 1-800-465-6070. DO NOT return the product to the point of sale. Also, DO NOT return the product to the manufacturer, or take it to a service center. You can also check the website listed on the cover of this brochure.
(Applicable only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
- Any defect in materials or workmanship; However, Spectrum Brands' liability shall not exceed the purchase price of the product.
For how long?
- Two years from the original purchase date with proof of purchase.
What will we do to help you?
- Provide a relatively similar replacement product that is new or factory refurbished.
How do you get the service?
- Keep your receipt as proof of the date of sale.
- Visit the online service website atwww.prodprotect.com/blackanddecker, or call toll free 1-800-465-6070 for general warranty service.
- If you need parts or accessories, call 1-800-738-0245.
How does state law relate to this warranty?
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
What is not covered by your warranty?
- Commercial use damage
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect
- Products that have been modified in any way
- Products used or repaired outside the country of purchase
- Glass parts and other accessories packed with the device
- Shipping and handling costs associated with device replacement
- Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.)
Are there other warranty exclusions?
- This Warranty is void to the extent in violation of United States and other applicable laws, or where the Warranty is prohibited by economic sanctions, export control laws, embargoes, or other restrictive trade measures imposed by the United States or others. applicable jurisdictions. This includes, without limitation, any warranty claim involving parties in or located in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the disputed region of Crimea.
What is the difference between the CM1110 and the CM1110B?
The CM1110B has a black and white screen, while the CM1110 has a blue and white screen.
How do I set the clock?
Press and hold the Time button until the correct time is displayed. Then press and hold the Minute button until the correct minute is displayed. To set AM or PM, press and hold the "AM/PM" button until AM or PM appears.
How do I turn off my coffee maker?
The coffee maker automatically shuts off after 2 hours of non-use. If you want to turn it off before that time, just press any of its buttons (other than "Cancel").
Q: How do I clean my coffee maker?
Unplug your coffee maker before cleaning it. Use a soft cloth with lukewarm water to clean all removable parts (carafe, filter basket, etc.). Never use abrasive agents or scouring pads, as they can damage the surface of your coffee maker. Never immerse any part of your coffeemaker in water or any other liquid. To clean the inside of the carafe, fill it with water to rinse out any coffee residue, then empty it completely before next use. If your carafe needs a more thorough cleaning, unplug your coffeemaker and remove the carafe from the base unit by lifting it directly off the heating element (DO NOT PULL CARAFE BY THE SPOUT). Hand wash in warm soapy water or in the top rack of the dishwasher (do not use abrasive cleaners). After cleaning, rinse thoroughly with fresh water to remove soap scum before reuse. Do not use chlorine-based cleaners on any part of your coffeemaker other than the glass carafe (including plastic components). Do not use household cleaners with lemon or lime extracts on plastic parts, as they may discolor and/or damage the plastic over time. do not put cables under the carpet; keep it away from heating registers, stoves, radiators and other sources of heat; do not stand on unprotected surfaces; do not put it in water or other liquids; do not touch with wet hands; Do not pull on the cord.
Does it turn off automatically?
Yes, this model turns off automatically, after about an hour.
What kind of filter is needed?
We only use Safeway brand 'Basket Style' coffee filters, 8-12 cup disposable coffee filters normally found in packs of 200 filters. I hope that helps.
Can the program function be bypassed to allow intermittent manual on/off when needed?
There is no need to set the timer, allowing you to completely manually turn the machine on and off if you wish.
It is the front panel of this coffee maker made of chrome or plastic. It appears to be chrome, but I'm not sure if it is or not.
It's a VERY THIN sheet of metal, not sure if it's chrome, it looks more like tin and is attached with little screws. Behind the thin layer is plastic.
How do I use the Strong 1-4 Cup feature?
Mine has a strong function and a 2-4 cup function. I never use the 2-4 cup button. I always do 6 cups. The powerful feature I use every morning. I press that first, then I press the power button.
how to use automatic cleaning
It requires 6 cups of vinegar and 4 cups of water, you put it in the back, hit the auto clean button and it does a good job.
After brewing, there is a puddle of coffee in the filter (about 1-2 cups). Eventually it breaks down. Is anyone else having this problem?
I never had the problem. However, there is a mechanism that cuts off the flow of water through the filter when the glass jar is not in place. I assume this mechanism incorrectly reports the absence of the pot in a pint during brewing.
Does this have a 2 hour cutoff?
Yes, but my light hasn't worked since I bought it. But I love the coffee maker in general!
How long is the preparation cycle?
Our 12-cup coffee makers brew approximately one cup per minute. If you need any further assistance, I'm more than happy to help! Please contact us at[Email protected]and please provide the username used in your question so we can better assist you.
Can't you use coffee filters with it?
This coffeemaker works with an 8-12 cup basket-style (flat bottom) coffee filter. The filter can be paper or permanent mesh.
Do you remove the lid of the glass carafe to clean it?
The plastic lid of the carafe cannot be removed for cleaning. However, it can be opened wide and the carafe can be easily cleaned by hand or with a brush. I use a brush.
We want you to have a 5-star experience!
If you have any questions or concerns about your new product, please contact our customer service hotline at1-800-465-6070(United States and Canada). Please do not return to the store.
|BLACK DECKER CM1110 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker[pdf] User manual|
CM1110, 12-cup programmable coffee maker, Programmable coffee maker, Coffee maker
Bedienungsanleitung BLACK DECKER CM1070B Series 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
12-CUP PROGRAMMABLE COFFEE MAKER* Use & Care Guide CM1070B Series CM1070B Series We want you to get 5 stars...
IKEA HOGMODIG coffee maker for filter coffee instructions
IKEA HOGMODIG coffee maker for filter coffee Instructions Before using for the first time Wash, rinse and dry the coffee maker…
KitchenAid KCM1208 Coffee Maker Instruction Manual
KitchenAid KCM1208 Coffee Maker User Manual - Optimized PDF KitchenAid KCM1208 Coffee Maker User Manual - Original PDF
BLACK DECKER 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Instruction Manual
BLACK DECKER 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker BLACK DECKER 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker We want…